Volunteer Orientation and Lead Pantry Volunteer Training.
We are currently recruiting Warehouse Volunteers and Pantry Client Intake Leads and Pantry Leads at both our Onsite and Mobile Pantries
- Warehouse Volunteers assemble grocery bags for partners, sort produce, process recovered food, or repackage bulk items.
- Pantry Intake Leads check in clients, support new client intake, and provide additional community resource information as needed.
- Pantry Leads coordinate the team that runs a pantry shift and serves clients.
Note: Volunteers serving as Leads are asked to commit to volunteering regularly for at least three shifts/month.
Register for our free volunteer training sessions below. Prospective warehouse volunteers will only need to attend the Orientation. Pantry Leads must attend all four sessions:
1. Volunteer Orientation and Update | January 23 | 2-3:30PM, BFN Warehouse Community Room
For all volunteers wishing to work at the Pantries or in the Warehouse. This training is required for volunteers wishing to be Pantry Leads.
2. Pantry Client Intake Training | January 30 | 2-3:30PM, BFN Warehouse Community Room
For volunteers wishing to be Pantry Leads. Session focuses on the process of registering clients for our food pantry and learning about other community resources that are available. Register here (includes the Volunteer Orientation above).
3-4. Leah’s Pantry Training | February 6 and 13 | 2-3:30PM, BFN Warehouse Community Room
Presented by Leah’s Pantry, a non-profit specializing in nutrition education, this training will help volunteers to more deeply understand food and nutrition insecurity as well as trauma-informed client service. It is required to complete the one-hour self-paced learning via the Leah’s Pantry online training platform before the first in-person training session on January 30. Register here for both dates.
To learn more about all our volunteer opportunities, visit our Volunteer Page.