Did you know that one in five Berkeley residents is not able to put enough food on their table to live a healthy and
hunger-free life? And with the COVID-19 crisis, the number of people facing hunger has grown. The Berkeley Food
Network (BFN) is a young and rapidly growing non-profit organization using innovative strategies to address
this issue and end hunger in Berkeley. We work through a community-centered, collaborative process to source, rescue,
and prepare healthy food and get it to the people who need it, processing and distributing as much as 100,000 pounds of food per month and serving as many as 5,000 individuals weekly.
The Berkeley Food Network has one open position:
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Are you safety-focused, organized, and hard-working? Do you want to be part of an innovative organization working to
help people in need access healthy food? If so, consider joining our growing team as a Warehouse Coordinator.
General Description: Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Warehouse Coordinator is responsible
for safely and accurately ordering, receiving, inspecting, stocking, processing, and shipping all food and supplies
required for daily operations of our food warehouse and onsite food pantry. In addition, the Warehouse Coordinator will
ensure the warehouse and facilities are in good repair and kept clean to food safe standards.
- Safely and accurately order, receive, inspect, stock, process and ship all food and supplies. Execute safe food
storage, handling, and distribution procedures. Execute the facility’s pest control plan and Hazard Analysis and
Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan.
- Serve as the facility’s safety and sanitation captain. React quickly to resolve all safety concerns. This
includes total warehouse maintenance and cleanliness. Clean up spills immediately. Ensure COVID-19 safety
requirements are followed by all volunteers and team members. Host regulatory inspections. Thoroughly clean the
restroom facilities at least twice daily, more frequently as needed.
- Train and coordinate up to 20 volunteers and team members daily. Create, update and maintain operational
reports. Achieve daily and weekly goals for inbound and outbound productivity, food waste, and customer service.
- Drive to offsite food donors and partner organizations to pick up and distribute food.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Requiring Proficiency with:
- Material Handling: Experience safely operating pallet jacks required and forklifts preferred. We will provide training to obtain
forklift and pallet jack certification within 90 days of hire.
- Safety: Basic knowledge of best practices for safe food storage, handling, distribution, and pest control
required. Must comply with COVID-19 safety requirements including wearing a face mask at all times. Ability to
obtain CPR, First Aid and AED Certification within 90 days of hire required.
- Inventory Management: Basic knowledge of best practices for safely and accurately ordering, receiving,
inspecting, stocking, processing and shipping temperature-controlled food required. Experience creating and
updating spreadsheets and simple graphs (using Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel) required.
- Task/Project Coordination: Experience assigning tasks or projects to others, following up to ensure
accurate and timely completion, and providing actionable coaching when tasks or projects are off track.
- Transportation: Valid California driver’s license required. Ability to safely operate large cargo van.
- Warehouse and food service experience
- Demonstrated commitment to mission
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Possess strong communication skills, and can work and coordinate well with diverse partners.
- ServSafe Manager certification desired.
- Basic knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) desired.
- Ability to exert force and/or lift or carry items weighing up to 50 pounds frequently is required.
- Ability to walk, sit, squat, bend, twist, reach above and below shoulder height, push, pull, lift and carry
frequently is required.
- Ability to work inside freezers and coolers frequently is required.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Use the subject line Warehouse Coordinator Position.
The Berkeley Food Network provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.