The Berkeley Food Network provides an essential service and will continue to operate during this time of growing need.
Please check this page regularly for updates.
We are working hard to ensure that everyone in our community who needs it has consistent and safe access to food. During the month of November we continued to serve heavy bags of healthy groceries to nearly 5,000 individuals a week.
Please consider donating at this time to help support this important work. You can go to our donation page to make a secure tax-deductible donation.
You can also volunteer time at our warehouse, helping to unload food, pack bags, and assist at our on-site pantry. Be assured that we are following the strictest recommended safety protocols to protect the health of our volunteers, clients, and staff. Please go to our volunteer sign-up site to find volunteer time slots that work for you and to sign up.
We are practicing WHO-advised measures to ensure the health and safety of all our program participants, volunteers, and staff by:
- Securing COVID-19 vaccinations for all our staff and our regular volunteers
- Screening staff and volunteers for COVID-19 symptoms and asking them to stay home if they are ill.
- Serving pantry visitors outdoors.
- Maintaining six foot distancing between all people at our warehouse, pantry sites, and in our hub kitchen.
- Mandating regular hand washing.
- Disinfecting all surfaces on a regular schedule.
- Keeping all touching to a minimum.
On-Site Pantry Hours and Updates:
Our on-site pantry is open to all Albany and Berkeley residents in need of food. Pantry visitors are able to select their own groceries in a COVID-19 safe setting.
We are located at 1925 Ninth St., Berkeley.
Please enter from the parking lot side of the building.
Monday – Thursday: 10am – 2pm
Monday & Wednesday: 5 – 7pm
Saturday: 10am – 12pm (effective 3/6/21, pantries will be held every Saturday)
*Please note that we will be closed the following dates in 2021:
- Monday, January 18 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, February 15 for Presidents’ Day
- Wednesday, March 31 for Cesar Chavez Day
- Monday, May 31 for Memorial Day
- Monday, July 5 for Independence Day
- Monday, September 6 for Labor Day
- Monday, October 11 for Indigenous Peoples Day
- November 24-26 for Thanksgiving
- December 23 – January 1 for the Winter Holiday
The mobile pantry at the Berkeley Technical Academy remains open to serve the South Berkeley area.
2701 Martin Luther King Jr Way
2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month, 2:30 – 4pm
The mobile pantry at Berkeley High School remains open to serve the public.
Milvia & Kittredge
1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, 2 – 4pm