Join the Network!
Membership in the Berkeley Food Network is open to agencies and individuals in Berkeley and Alameda County, CA that:
- Provide emergency groceries, meals, or prepared foods to the food insecure in Berkeley.
- Provide non-food services for those in Berkeley who are food insecure.
- Support the above agencies with resources or through research and policy-level work.
- Leadership for collaboration among all member agencies.
- Network-level services such as our upcoming food distribution hub and mobile pantry.
- Trainings on useful topics such as de-escalation of mental health crises and difficult behaviors; helping clients know their rights; nutrition; safe food handling, and more.
- Research findings on such topics as the need for food in Berkeley, best practices for managing food insecurity, and expanding capacity.
- Advocacy on city, county, and state-level issues that effect member agency clients.
- Connections to other people and agencies committed to ending food insecurity.